Home Tours Trees Inventory Search About
The Coney Hill Hospital in Gloucester, otherwise known as the ' Gloucester Second County Lunatic Asylum '. The hospital was opened in 1883, closed in 1994, and gutted by fire 1999. Most of the buildings have been demolished, but the Clock Tower was retained and converted into flats in 2007. Charles Green was transfered to this hospital on 24 September 1884 from the original Gloucester County Lunatic Asylum in Wotton. By the time he was transfered he had already been institutionalised for about 8 years and was 55 years old. Charles would spend the next 15 years here and die here on 11 November 1899.
When Taken:
Supplied By:
Photo by David Withers. Medical information obtained from the following documents at the Gloucester Record Office: HO22/70/16, HO23/70/1